Monday, September 15, 2008

And the Surprises Just Keep on Coming!!!!

On Saturday afternoon, I had a note in my mailbox from the post office that they attempted to deliver 2 packages, but I wasn't home, so they didn't leave them. So, today I left work about 30 minutes early to head to the post office to see what surprise awaited me!!

I gave the "friendly" postal worker my little orange slip of paper stating that there were 2 packages there waiting for me, and he went "into the back" to get them. Upon looking at the address label, I noticed that there were FOUR senders... and it was a surprise "shower in a box" from some of my friends from college!!!! Catherine, Tina, Beth and Tara (who now all live in various places, most, but not all, in Kentucky) got together somehow and put together this "shower in a box" for Ms. Maddy!!

The first box contained items from each of the girls (and their respective spouses)...



I'll show you what was in Box 1, if you'd like!! :)


















This is the invitation to the shower!! :)




This is a shot of all the goodies!!





These are the much-needed long-sleeved onesies from Beth!!










These are the onesies that Catherine made for Maddy... Again, long-sleeved!! :)



This is an ADORABLE wall hanging that Tara made... and in JUST the right colors, too!!! :)












And these are the cute bibs and sleeper that Tina sent for Maddy!!!




Next came Box 2... This was a box of gifts collectively from all the girls... Mostly things from our registry... Wanna see what was in it?!?! I KNOW YOU DO!!!















These are all the items displayed...





This is, clockwise from the top:
* A dishwasher caddy to put bottle pieces, pacifiers, etc. in...
* White fitted crib sheets (you can never have too many)
* Letters and numbers for in the bathtub
* At the very bottom is a 5-pack of onesies
* A 3-pack of bibs with VERY cute sayings on them











Again, clockwise from the top is:
* A Baby Einstein DVD
* 2 pairs of pink pants (how adorable?!?!)
* A rattle that can clip onto her carseat handle or somewhere else to entertain her
* And a Halloween bib that says "Guess whooooo's 1st Halloween?" And has a picture of an owl on it...



Finally, here are the last couple of items:
* My FAVORITE is the diaper bag!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! It's even got her name monogrammed on it!!!
* 2 pacifiers
* and a hooded towel. I feel pretty certain that we can not have too many of these!!





So, I've now had 4 baby showers... only ONE of which I knew was going to happen!! Thank you, Kentucky ladies for the surprise!! I LOVE all of the fun stuff you sent for Maddy!! Now, who is going to come visit and help me do laundry?!?! HaHaHa! Just kidding!! You ladies are GREAT!!

Love you guys!! :)

8 comments:

Peggie said...

Fun....fun.....fun!!!! What a great surprise from your GREAT friends.... I think going to Western was one of the best decisions you ever made!!! Those ladies are wonderful.....you must be just about ready for Miss Maddy to make her appearance now!!! Then "Grandmom" can make HER first appearance too!!! I love you!!!

CShore said...

Wow, glad to hear that your friends are taking suck good care of you. Take care.

Mike 2e said...

How cool is that? It's great to see everyone is as excited for the big day as the rest of us. Have a great week.

Bill T said...

You all know my thoughts on Onesies.

Big Jim said...

Just remember it's only clothes (Onsies or whatever).
Will the good times ever stop? (Yes when Maddy keeps you up all night.)
Love.

JP2E said...

Holy Cow! That kid will have to change five times a day to wear all that stuff!!
Oh yeah; It will probably happen that way, won't it?...

Olivia said...

That is one of the most sweetest things I have ever seen friends do for someone. You are so loved Katie and your heart is seen to others and people are blessed by you. Keep smiling. There is so much more coming your way!

Sue said...

I love your blog so many great photos and newsy notes. It makes the miles just melt away and I feel almost like I am visiting with you when I read it.