Monday, October 27, 2008

24 Hours and Counting

About 24 hours ago Bryan, Maddy and I dropped my parents off at the airport thus leaving us ALL ON OUR OWN. I am thrilled to report that the last 24 hours have gone very well. Maddy slept for a pretty long while after we got home. When she woke up, she was awake for most of the rest of the evening. Bryan and I took her and Nash for a short walk to get everyone a little fresh air. About 8:30 we all played on the floor for a bit. 9:00 (just like every other night) was bathtime. Then, we had a bedtime snack. Then Maddy got fussy. Bryan really wanted to take a turn at calming her down, but after about 45 minutes of her crying (and Maddy getting progressively more upset), I asked if I could take a turn. My main concern was that the more upset she got the longer it would take to get her calmed down. After I tried for about 20 minutes to no avail, we decided that she had a belly ache (a common occurrence in our house), so we gave her a dose of Mylacon (aka: Magic in a bottle), and she was down for the count. She fell asleep about 11 and slept until 3 AM (count 'em... 4 hours) then slept again until almost 7 AM (another 4 hours), then again until about 9:15!!! I feel pretty refreshed today. 4 hours of sleep at a time does WONDERS.

Maddy was pretty much awake from 9:15 until 1:15. I think this was partly due to the fact that she slept so well last night, but the construction crew next door didn't help ONE BIT. Right about the time they left (not sure if it's just for lunch or for the day), Maddy finally decided it was time for a nap. Hence, my blogging at this moment. I would also like to report that I was able to eat breakfast and lunch AND take a shower... not to mention that I've washed, dried and folded one load of laundry. I have another load in the dryer, another in the washer and 2 more "on deck". I'm thinking I might have a pretty decent handle on this whole Mom thing. LoL. Okay, okay, so it's only day one, but at least day one hasn't been a total disaster.

Now, what to do for dinner?? I guess once Bryan gets home he IS going to want to eat. LoL.

I hope that everyone is having a good week thus far!

We miss you Mom and Dad. Come back whenever you're ready!! We'll be ready!! :)

Love to everyone!!

5 comments:

Peggie said...

Glad to hear your first "solo" is going so well. I've been anxiously awaiting your report, so it was great to hear from you!! You have a good little sleeper there...keep up that good work!! I told you that you would make it...and as you said, so far so good!! Call me when you have time. I miss you all BUNCHES!!! Love ya!!

Bill T said...

You have the toughest job out there. I know you are up to the challange.

Big Jim said...

Come on, Katie, you know you can handle the new baby all by yourself. These are those wonderful days you have longed for for nine months. This will be a big step in the bonding process. Once you get your schedule down you will really be able to enjoy this wonderful little person.
Love.

Leslie Kay said...

Katie, I know it seems overwelming but it dosen't take long and everything seems easier. As for the tummy ache thing, Mylocon is great. We also found an all natural life sver. Its called Little Tummys Gripe Water. I've only found it at Target, but it even takes care of hicups. By the time it hits Jacee's tummy, they are gone. Good luck. It will get easier I promise.
Leslie

JP2E said...

Glad the little doll has settled into a pattern. We are still waiting for Denny to settle down and sleep through a full night! LOL
If she wants to stay up, just let her roll over and do a few more push ups...