Sunday, October 5, 2008

We're Still Here...

Another week has come and gone... and we're still here. Not such a bad thing... Just a fact! :)

I made a short list today as I thought of things I wanted to blog about, so I'll do a couple of short little paragraphs to mention each of these items.

There was a sale this past weekend called Dittos for Kiddos. I had to make my choice between the neighborhood yard sale and this sale (which is a semi-annual consignment sale). I chose the yard sale... mostly because of the exercise factor. I had only one thing I was looking for, and decided that if I didn't find it in the neighborhood, then it wasn't meant to be... I didn't find it, so Maddy still does not have a Bumbo seat. I seriously considered shelling out the $50 for the seat and the tray that goes with it, but once I learned from a few of my friends how quickly babies out-grow this particular seat, I decided that would NOT be $50 well-spent. Hence, the looking for a used one... If I happen upon a used one, I'LL TAKE IT! I WILL NOT, however, spend $50 on something that she MIGHT be able to use until she's about 4 months old.

I had my first slightly painful contraction this evening on our walk. We've been walking a lot the past couple of days. It's something that we used to do, but it has been so stinkin' hot that it just wasn't do-able... that is, until now. It's finally cooling off a little (emphasis on "a little"), so we're getting back into it. It is also encouraging to hear that walking can help labor get started. :) Tonight, while we were walking, I had a little contraction that was uncomfortable. No where near PAINFUL, but uncomfortable. I don't know if that ONE will lead to anything tonight, but it was encouraging to know that it happened, and maybe I WILL go into labor soon!! :)

Grandpop: You asked if there was any post-graduate work lined up for Nash, and the answer actually is YES!! We learned yesterday that there is an AKC certification that dogs can get which is called the Canine Good Citizen certification. This certification is such that basically the dog is well-behaved in public settings with lots of distractions. He will allow others to pet him without jumping on them. He will allow someone else to watch him (on his leash) while we step away (out of sight) for a few minutes. All of this goes along with a few other items on a list. I would LOVE for him to be a little calmer around others. He's pretty good at home with just the two of us, but still gets VERY excited about other people, especially those that he's never met before (or hasn't seen for a while).

Chris and April are planning to be here this Thursday, and I couldn't be more excited!!! I am going to do my grocery shopping for the week tomorrow and begin getting the house ready for all of our upcoming company!!! My mom will be here on Saturday. Bryan's parents will be here the following Thursday, then my dad will be here the Thursday after that. PHEW!! That's a lot of visitors, but I'm A-OK with it!! I'm thrilled that so many people will be able to be here to share in Maddy's big arrival!!! :) Thanks guys, in advance, for your visits!! :)

Tomorrow is another doctor's appointment. I'm not sure what news to expect at this appointment. Last week I was certain that more progress had been made, but discovered that none really had, so I'd rather not jinx myself, and just say that I have no idea what to expect. If there's something to report, I'll be certain to pass the information along!! :)

Lastly, here are this week's pictures. Maddy is really starting to weigh me down. Rolling over in bed is difficult, at best. If I lay flat on my back (which isn't recommended), I feel as though I have a bowling ball laying on my belly... making it more work to breathe. I feel as though she's still happy and healthy, though. She's still movin' and shakin' on a VERY regular basis!! Her little heels are sharp, too!! :) I often feel them poking out of my sides. Here we are this week:





Shall we compare last week with this week??















Oh yeah, and did I mention that I got my hair cut?? It looks a little better when I haven't had it in a ponytail all afternoon, so maybe the next time you see it, it'll look a little better!! :)

Ok, well, I guess that's all I have for now. I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL week!!

Talk to you later!

Love you guys!!

5 comments:

Peggie said...

I really think you have dropped some from last week. I know you're in the home stretch!! I just hope I make it there in time. Can't wait to hear what the doctor has to say tomorrow. You're all in my prayers. Love ya!!

bethel05 said...

I don't want to disappoint you, but my friend who is a PT said that the Bumbo seats are not actually good for kids. They mess with their developmental stages or something along those lines. Just thought I would let you know. Also, I agree with your mom that you have dropped some since last week's pictures! I can't wait to meet Maddy.

Catherine said...

I agree with both Beth and your mom about the dropping AND I think your hair looks super cute! Has it ever been this short before? Both you and the hair are lookin' good:)

Big Jim said...

You are still looking good. Best of luck with your Dr. appointment this week from Grand Mom & me.
Love.

Sue said...

Looking so good! I love your new hairdo.