Sunday, October 19, 2008

Busy Little Girl

Maddy has been a busy little girl since we last blogged. Yesterday, we went to the



for the first time. I think Maddy thoroughly enjoyed her visit. What do you think?!?!



Her favorite exhibit was the flamingos, so she and I posed for a picture with them:



We also posed with the giraffes:



The bear was also very cooperative of his portrait being taken:



After the zoo, a nap and some food, it was time for some "tummy time". This is a new-ish thing that you are encouraged to do with infants since they must sleep on their backs now. The purpose is to encourage them to push themselves up and hold their heads up. Eventually, it will also allow them to learn to roll over on their own. My little girl rolled over ALL ON HER OWN last night. This was not just a one-time thing, either. We thought it was a fluke the first time, but she did it about 5 or 6 times before she was all tuckered out again. Check her out on her "tummy time" mat:



I posed with her for another picture:



And LOOK!! She rolled over!!!



And Daddy really wanted her picture taken with Nash. This was the best we could get:



I'll leave you with one, last picture. Earlier in the weekend, Maddy and I had just about as much fun as we could stand. This was the end result:



I guess that's about it for now. I'll post more pictures as we have more adventures. Grandpop (my dad) will be here Thursday evening, so I'm sure there will be LOTS to blog about then!!

Love you guys!!

Have a great week!! :)

4 comments:

Peggie said...

I think she's the most-traveled newborn I've ever known!! I know she enjoyed the zoo. She'll have lots of great stories to tell when she gets together with all the other babies. I'm glad to be here and experience Maddy's first two weeks. I'm sure everyone will happy when all the company has come and gone and a routine can be more easily established. Love you all!!!

CShore said...

Wow, that's great that she's turning over on her own already! Isn't it nuts how things change so much from generation to generation (tummy time!)? Keep up the blogging, its the next best thing to us being there!

Big Jim said...

Sure, Maddy enjoyed the Flamingos, but how did the Flamingos enjoy Maddy?(LOL) Sounds like a great day and I can't believe she is rolling over already.
Love.

JP2E said...

What next? Pushups? LOL...