Friday, October 10, 2008

And the winner is...

A near tie... The following folks guessed the correct date, and their weight guesses are also listed. Please keep in mind that her weight was 7 pounds 8 ounces...

Kelly guessed 7 pounds 10 ounces
Heather guessed 7 pounds 11 ounces
Chris guessed 8 pounds 8 ounces
Uncle Dennis guessed 6 pounds even
My mom guessed 6 pounds even

I have to say that I consider Kelly and Heather as a tie!! Congrats ladies. Maddy sends her love (and a dirty diaper for each of you the next time we see each other!!)

We had a very good first night at home. Maddy slept from midnight until 5 AM then again from 6 AM until 8:30 AM. I feel pretty fortunate. I know that she's had a big couple of days, so I don't hold out that this will continue forever, but, for now at least, we will take advantage of these long-ish nights of sleep!!

I would also like to point out that I have kept the 12's thing going. Chris, you messed it up, but I'm trying to get it back on track. My mom was 12 when Uncle Mike was born. Uncle Mike was 12 when Chris was born. Chris was 12 when Hannah was born. I was 12 when Heather was born, and, if I'm not mistaken, Heather is currently 12. Crazy, huh?!?! Wonder if that will continue?!?!

Here are a couple of pictures of our little bundle from today:





































Happy weekend everyone!! Love you guys!! :)

8 comments:

Olivia said...

Sweet sweet family. You guys are beautiful. Make sure you gets a hug from me.

Kelly2eVega said...

She is beautiful Kate! Congratulations. She kinda looks like your dad in the first picture! Haha best of luck.

Heather 2e said...

She is the cutest baby(even though I say that to every baby I come in contact with)!!!!!Congrats!!!!!!!!

Big Jim said...

Congratulations Katie & Bryan. What a beautiful little baby. You may argue about winners, but I think we are winners to have Maddy in our lives.
Love.

Mike 2e said...

The 12 year thing is still in tact for the most part. Heather will be 12 in November, but that's close enough for me. The pictures are great. Keep them coming.

Catherine said...

She's beautiful! And I'm glad to see you're doing well. What a wonderful little family!

Bill T said...

I still act like a 12 year old, so you rea covered.

JP2E said...

This has to be one of the best days ever. Maddy is a living doll!!
Get a good rocking chair for that ancient grandmom who is there, she may need it. LOL
Hope to see more stuff soon, after you get settled.
This is going to be one very merry Christmas...