Saturday, October 4, 2008

Nash's Big Day

Today marked the end of our intermediate doggie lessons, and Nash did VERY well, once again! He seems to have really enjoyed the classes. Today, when we pulled into the parking lot at Petsmart, he was ready to turn inside out because of excitement!!

We started our day with a walk around the neighborhood. Today was the annual neighborhood yard sale, so we walked around to see if there was anything we couldn't live without. We came home empty-handed, but that's okay with both of us. The exercise was good for all three of us!

Once back home, we all took a little nap together (we set the alarm to actually get up and get moving for the sale, so we were pretty tired). We woke up, ate a little lunch, then took Nash outside to play for a few minutes.

This is when we got in the car to head to our last class. Nash had to take a little test and did pretty well... all things considered. I'm not sure if you've been to Petsmart on a Saturday, but it's a pretty busy place with LOTS of distractions. At the end of class, Nash got his certificate:


Now, we're all hanging out (and finishing off the chocolate chip cheesecake dip I made earlier this week) before Bryan and I head back out for a bit to do some shopping.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend so far. Maddy's still hanging in there. She's obviously not quite ready yet to make her grand entrance. I DID, however, look at everyone's doilies from the shower and put them in order. I'll keep an eye on them to see who "wins". Not sure what the prize will be, but if Maddy has anything to do with it, I'm sure she'd offer you a dirty diaper!! :)

Talk to everyone later! Love ya!! :)

6 comments:

Peggie said...

WHEW!! I'm pooped just hearing about your day!!! We haven't done a darned thing around here (except for Steve riding the mower around the yard). Glad things are still going so well for you. I can't believe I'll be there in one short week.....and hopefully Maddy will follow suit shortly thereafter!! Keep us posted on your activities. We're all waiting patiently (?) for news!!! Love ya!!

Peggie said...

Looking forward to a visit and meeting my grand daughter. Exciting times. Be careful and get your rest.

Love Grand dad....Dad.....Steve

Sue said...

Nash looks so happy with his certificate.
I read your blog to Jim. He is sitting next to me eating a steak for dinner. I'll bet Nash would like that, too. Sounds like you got lots of exercise and rest. I love yard sales and I'll bet it was fun to look at all the stuff.
We are all excited as the big day approaches. Love to you, Maddie and Bryan.

JP2E said...

Sounds like NASH is behaving well! Please forward the name of that class for use on our grandchildren (LOL)
Granny Sue got an award this week as well, I hope she plans to include it in her next BLOG.
I hope NASH does not feel left out when Maddy arrives, he could be a little jealous...

Olivia said...

Hurray for Nash! I bet he was so excited. Did you get to go to Ditto's for Kiddo's? I thought about you today, we went right before it closed. I should have told you about it sooner. Hope things are well. I can't wait to Maddie!

Big Jim said...

Congratulations to Nash!!! Will he be going on to a post graduate degree???
You look great, just keep on keeping on.
Love.