Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Just an Update

Hi everyone! This is just an update on our little family. We are all doing very well. We had to sadly say see-you-later to Chris and April around lunchtime today. They are starting their drive home, with a planned stop about halfway home (somewhere around Texarkana). Let's all say a little prayer for them that they make it home safe and sound!! I'd like to say a HUGE THANK YOU to the two of them!! I know that the drive was less-than-fun, and it took some coordination of schedules for them to be here, and we TRULY appreciate it!! It was so great to see them! I was sorry that they had to go home today, but I do understand that life has to go on!! Thank you, though!

Tomorrow is Maddy's one-week doctor's appointment. Can you believe it?!?! She's already a week old!! As cliched as it may sound, time is already flying by. She just better not grow up TOO fast!!

Last night she did GREAT! I had a little trouble getting her to sleep, but once she was asleep, she slept for SEVEN hours!!!! I woke up because Nash was stirring around. I let her sleep a little longer, then woke her up. The doctor says she needs to eat every 2 - 3 hours, but I just can't wake her up all night to eat. She always lets me know if she's hungry!!!

To answer your question Uncle Bill, Nash has done MARVELOUSLY with Maddy. The first time we introduced Nash to Maddy, he nosed her a little hard, but very quickly learned that he has to be gentle with her. Most of the time he just lets her co-exist. The rest of the time, he sniffs her just a little, and if he gets too close (or I get nervous), we just tell him to "leave it" and he leaves her alone!! I have been SO proud of him!! He did great with Chris and April (I'll let one of them blog about their adventures with Nash), and is adjusting well!!!

I think I'll leave you with a few of the family photos we took yesterday afternoon...

This is Maddy taking a little siesta in her crib. She's been doing most of her sleeping in the cradle that my Grandpop (known to her as Great Grandpop) made when Chris was born. This one time we put her in the crib, and this is how she slept:



This is, obviously, our new little family:


This is our family including the K-9 Companion. Doesn't he look thrilled about the way life is going?!?!


Here are the siblings, spouses and grandchild... Everyone looks so happy... Wonder what was so funny??? :)


And here are Grandmom & Maddy...



Finally is a shot of all the girls (complete with a big yawn from Maddy... Picture-taking is hard work!!)...



I hope you've enjoyed seeing some pictures of us all. I'll keep postin' them as we take more!!

Love you guys! I hope your week is going well!! :)

7 comments:

Catherine said...

She's SO beautiful! And I'm glad to hear that everyone is settling in nicely and that Nash is doing nicely in his big brother role. What a sweet family:)

Mike 2e said...

Sounds like things are going great. Hope things keep going well.

Bill T said...

Gald all is well.

JP2E said...

Maybe you can get a saddle so Maddy can ride NASH in a few months!! LOL
Truth is, no one can write a check with enough zeros to cover the happiness and love of that beautiful baby...

Sue said...

All those photos show a family filled with happy people who love a sweet little bundle of joy.
Love ya, Aunt Sue

Olivia said...

Sweet Family
precious child.
It is amazing what love can do.
Create a life
Bring people together
and demonstrate hope
all within a tiny bundle of joy
An answer that life should go on
And provide us with emmense thankfulness and grace

Amanda said...

Well I was just thinking about you all down there and though hey I wonder if we have a baby yet and oh my do we! She is very cute I am so happy for you two and Bryan I was never sure I would see the day so soon when you were a father, but I think you will make a wonderful dad. Just don't teach her to much about fire to quickly!!!