Thursday, February 5, 2009

Here We Go Again...

I just got home from the doctor to discuss the results of the MRI on my knee. The doctor said that there is no rush to have surgery, but that he feels certain that in the next few weeks I will be tired of favoring the leg and will WANT the surgery. He said that eventually it will become enough of a nuisance that it will become a necessary evil. He suggested that once Bryan is home and settled back into a routine that I call and make the appointment. He has ASSURED me that I will walk out of surgery. I MIGHT CHOOSE to use crutches for a day or two, but that will be strictly up to me. He said that I should be good to go within about 3 or 4 days. His suggestion was a Thursday afternoon or a Friday morning so that Bryan can just take one or two days off work and be able to return on Monday morning. I believe that this is probably the route that we'll take. He said that the surgery itself should only last about 10 minutes. Based on my history and my level of activity, he sees no need to repair the meniscus. He told me that with the tear, arthritis may be in my future, but this surgery will not change what was going to happen anyway. So surgery or no surgery, I will have the same risk for arthritis.

As far as Maddy is concerned today, she made it abundantly clear that she's a Momma's girl. My friend Julie (who has 2 children of her own) came over to watch Maddy. She was very honest and told me that Maddy was NOT happy while I was gone. She was really sweet about it, and told me that she thinks it was probably good that Maddy had a sitter so that she can get used to someone else watching her. When I got home, Maddy was sleeping, so obviously things weren't awful. I don't want you to think that Julie was complaining by any means. She just said that she always like for her sitters to be honest. She told me that if I ever need another sitter, she's ready, willing and able!!! She's such a nice lady!!

Well, Maddy's waking up, so I better end this!! I'll keep you posted on the surgery-front... and, of course, on Maddy's progress!! Let's hope that the Daddy-Daughter reunion goes well. I really wonder how she's going to react to him holding her, etc. I guess only time will tell!! :)

Love you guys!! :)

2 comments:

Big Jim said...

Since you spend so much time with Maddy, you have become her world. some separation would be good for both of you. Experienced sitters are a great way to show Maddy there is more to this world than Mommy.
The surgery sounds like a limp in the park, I'd go for it.
Love.

JP2E said...

Go for the surgery! You will not loose a thing, and might just gain! I wish I had gone in for my eye surgery sooner, it has been great. Once summer gets here you will have a toddler to chase and you will need to have your game on...