Sunday, February 22, 2009

Lent

So, there I was... Sitting in church this morning... When all of a sudden it hit me!!

This Wednesday is Ash Wednesday!! WHAT?!?! This whole Lent thing really snuck up on me this year. This is where you, my faithful readers (and great family and friends), come in. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could give up for Lent?? Or a Lenten promise I could make?? I'm up for any and all suggestions at this point. I hadn't even given it the first thought before today.

April, I saw on my facebook page that you suggested that I give up injuring myself. While that's a good one, I think that I should just make that a way of life... notsomuch a Lenten sacrifice. HaHaHa. Thanks for that suggestion, though!! :)

So, any one got anything good for me?

I'll leave you with a couple of pictures of Maddy and her onesie she wore yesterday to pick up her birthday buddy:



I hope that everyone has a great week!! Love you guys!! :)

6 comments:

Peggie said...

My first thought was that you could give up running in marathons... But that's probably along the same lines as April's suggestion. I guess I'll keep thinking....

Love the onsie!!!

Talk to you soon.

Love ya!!!

Big Jim said...

I used to give up stealing man hole covers, but I guess that is rather passe these days. I'll kee on thinking.
Love.

aprilshore said...

How about a promise to do one hour of "community service" a week? Helping at a shelter or helping the animals at the rescue place? I could also say the usual..give up caffiene, junk food, sodas, etc. Hope you come up with something good!

CShore said...

Or make a pledge to get an hour of excercise a day (I know that will be tough, but walking counts too!)

What did the birthday buddy think of the shirt?

JP2E said...

You could give up cadillacs and cuban cigars! But then what would Maddy do?
The truth is; you might find a non-profit group who could use the help of a very good accountant and offer them some time during the first quarter of the year. Or maybe help organize a fundraiser to help out during this tough economic time. A small church or scout troop might be a good choice...

JP2E said...

By the way; that onsie is cute, and the baby is even cuter!!!!!!