Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Rubber Ducky...

...You're the one...

SING IT!!

You make bath time so much fun!!

Here's Maddy playing with her rubber ducky from Uncle Chris and Aunt April. She seems to really like it!!



In other news, tomorrow is the big day for my surgery. I have to be there at 12:30, and they said I will go in between 1:30 and 2:00. My plan is to use local anesthesia which will mean that once the procedure is complete, I should be able to go home within an hour. The doctor told me that his part of the procedure will only take about 10 minutes, so I think all-in-all we should be home well before dinner. If I'm up to it, I'll blog to let you all know how it goes. My mom should get a phone call once I'm out, so maybe she can post a quick note to let you know that everything is A-OK. (Can you help me out, Mom?? Thanks!!)

We are not sore from the Wii for those of you that were wondering. I'm not sure how we managed to not be sore, but I'm ok with it!! :) We plan to get the Wii Fit, but decided to wait until after I recover from the surgery. No sense in spending the money yet if I can't use it!! I hope that Nintendo comes out with a Mommy and Me version of the Wii Fit. That would be GREAT!!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... "Nobody tells Baby 'no'"!! Bryan and I purchased our new washer and dryer set from Best Buy last Friday. Actually, I was at home with Maddy and Bryan was the one to actually make the purchase. When he was completing the sale, he was told that they were in stock in the warehouse, but that they were showing a delivery date of Mid-March. The manager on duty said that he would look into this, but he felt certain that we would have them by the middle of this week. He told Bryan to call on Monday, and he'd let him know what he found out. Well, Bryan called on Monday and the person he spoke with told him that it would, indeed, be Mid-March before we would have our new purchase. When Bryan got off the phone and told me, I was pretty aggrivated. I told Bryan that I wanted to go to Best Buy, find a manager and an answer. I explained to Bryan (as a practice for what I would say to the manager) that when I purchase a major appliance, it's because I need it NOW... not a month from now. Actually, we needed this last week, but now will have to be good enough. I was fully prepared to give the store an ultimatum. Either I have the washer and dryer in my house by the middle of next week, or I'm cancelling my order and taking my business elsewhere. Well, when we got to Best Buy, I put on my happy customer face and calmly addressed the situation. We found Curt at the customer service desk, and he was oh-so-helpful. He explained that, yes, the appliances were in the warehouse and could be to the store this week, but all the delivery guys were booked up until Mid-March... NOT the story we were given last week OR on the phone. Curt told us that once they arrived in the store, he would talk with all the drivers and find out who has an extra hour. He was sure that someone would, and since Abilene is not a very big city, there should be no reason that one of the drivers can't work us in. So, long story short, NOBODY TELLS BABY NO, and I'll have my washer and dryer before the end of the week... NOT in Mid-March!!! What did I learn from this??? Don't just sit around and wait for people to take care of your problem that doesn't directly affect them. Get off your butt and take charge!! :)

Well, now that I've vented about that, and shared Maddy's latest picture, I should get off here and eat a little snack. I can't have anything to eat or drink after midnight tonight... and my surgery isn't until 2ish, so I need to get my belly as full as possible before I go to bed tonight!! :)

Talk to you soon!

Love you guys!! :)

3 comments:

Peggie said...

Great picture!! Keep them coming!! I'll be glad to post a blog when I hear from you or Bryan tomorrow. I'm sure we'll all be thinking about you as you get your knee fixed yet again.....

Love ya!!!

Big Jim said...

All the best with the knee job. I hope everything goes well (I'm sure it well).
At the store you should have used one of your father's lines, "That is unacceptable!"
Your venting sounds just like your uncle Mike. Hee, Hee.
Love.

CShore said...

Glad to hear you got it worked out. Customer service isn't what it used to be! Don't you still have the keys to Mike's truck? Tell Bryan to pull up on base with it, grab the first pair of E-1's he sees, and go get the things haha.

Is that the duck that tells you if the water is too hot? I forget, the darn thing is older than Maddy is!