Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wednesday's Tid-Bits

:::Post-Op Knee:::

My appointment with the doctor went well yesterday. He said that things look like they are healing well. His only concern was that he thought I was losing a lot of strength in my quadriceps. His suggestion was getting and using an exercise bike. I didn't really like this suggestion (since I'm a bit of a tight-wad), so I googled exercises for this particular muscle group, and plan to do some of them starting today. Here's a picture of the knee. I still have some swelling, and some bruising, but overall, it's healing well. WARNING: It's pretty ugly and rainbow-ish!!


Ain't she perty?!?!


:::More Chompers:::

What do you think?? I think Maddy looks like she's getting her top two teeth. After surveying a panel of judges, the vote was unanimous. I think it's safe to say that within in the next couple of weeks, we'll be up to four little chompers in that mouth!! :)


Sorry I couldn't get the picture to turn. It was turned the correct way before I posted it. Just turn your head... You'll be alright!! :)


:::Good Sleeper:::

Maddy is becoming quite the sleeper. She went to bed last night at 8. I didn't hear from her again until 4 AM, then she slept until 8 AM!!! YAY!! The night before last, she slept from 8 PM until 1:45 AM, then again until 7 AM. I hope this trend continues!!

Also, when I went to get her this morning, she was laying on her back (I put her to bed on her belly). Apparently she knows how to roll over both ways now (front to back and back to front)!!


:::Lenten Promise:::

I've made my decision. Are you ready for this?!?! I've decided not to say anything negative about anyone. I've already been tested in the first hour I was up this morning, so this will be quite a challenge, but I think I'm up for it!!! Wish me luck, and please, for the love of God (literally), don't tempt me by asking me what I think about someone (especially if you know I don't have anything nice to say). HaHaHa. Just kidding!! This is a habit I've had for a while, and I feel as though it's been getting worse. Maybe this 40 days will help me break the habit once and for all. I really don't want Maddy growing up hearing me be so negative, so now's a good time to kick it for good!! Wish me luck!! :)

4 comments:

CShore said...

I don't know what you found online, but you could do some bodyweight squats. Just bend at the knees, keep your back straight, and when your thighs are parallel to the ground, stand back up. Don't go down past 90 degrees. Hope that helps!

It sure does look like Ms. Maddy will have her two front teeth soon, huh?

As for the lent thing, that is a good one too. I should take that one into consideration. I got frustrated at work the other day about something someone did (I wasn't alone) and several other people were 'venting' as well, so I joined in. A few days later I got a call from someone that wasn't even there and something he said offhandedly makes me wonder if my remarks were repeated to people uninvolved! Oh well, that's what you get for participating in water cooler talk, best thing is to learn from it and go on. You and I were raised to hold ourselves to a high standard, so when others drop the ball we get frustrated haha.

Sue said...

We should adopt your idea everyday. If we would be more positive than negative we would be happier. It is tough, I agree, but worth the effort. I applaud you in such a worthy effort. It is sort of like my efforts to be more kind to people. It isn't always easy but it is worth the effort. Good girl! You are a sweetheart and a good example to all of us.

Big Jim said...

Love Maddy's new teeth. You better watch that breast feeding when she finds out what the really can do.
I like your Lenten pledge. I used to have a book of insults that sounded like compliments, but I don't know what I did with it.
Love

Peggie said...

Hey....great blog (again). I can't believe Maddy is actually getting two more teeth. I think, when you take her in for her 6-month check-up, you should tell the doctor she's eating steak and potatoes and ask if that's ok....LOL

The knee is, indeed, very colorful. I hope you are up and around and back to your old self real soon.

Glad things are going well for you.

Love you all......