Saturday, February 21, 2009

WELCOME HOME!!!

Can you believe that it's already been 4 months?!?! The deployers from our squadron are home today!!! Bryan has to go to work early this afternoon to help get the bags from the plane to the deployers' cars, and Maddy and I are going in a bit to be part of the welcoming crew!! In all actuality, we are Mike & Breezy's ride home. Per Mike's request, Maddy and I will pick them up in his truck. I realized last night that Maddy has only ever ridden in my car and one time in Breezy's car. This will be something new and different for her!! :) Bryan installed her car seat in Mike's truck last night, so we'd be ready to go today.

Since we've been housesitting for Mike & Breezy, I decided that I wanted to do a little something for them for their homecoming. We bought a couple of little snacky foods for them. I also bought Mike some handsoap for their kitchen. I have this particular handsoap that I get at Bath and Body Works that he really likes, so I bought him his very own bottle. Finally, we made a poster for them for inside their house. This is where my helpers enter the picture. Check out the pictorial review of the making of the poster:
















As you can see, a good time was had by all!! Lucky for us, the clean up was pretty easy, too!! :)

I'm actually writing this on Friday night to post mid-day on Saturday, so I do not have any pictures of the actual homecoming to post. I also don't have a picture of Maddy's onesie that I made which says, "Has Anyone Seen My Birthday Buddy?" With a picture of Breezy on it. I'm not sure if everyone remembers, but Maddy was born on Breezy's birthday this past year. That makes them "Birthday Buddies".

We hope that everyone has a great weekend. I anticipate a good one at our house!!

Love you guys!!

3 comments:

Big Jim said...

Nice blog, but a onesie??? The debate continues. (LOL)

Peggie said...

So this is what you were talking about yesterday!!! It really IS a big day for your extended Abilene Air Force family.

Give Mike and Breezy a big hug from me and tell them I'm really glad they made it home safe and sound.

Love you!!!

CShore said...

I bet Mike was really happy to see his truck after so long! That almost makes up for the fact that he prefers soap from Bath & Body!