Saturday, February 7, 2009

Just a Few Things...

:::Diva Hat:::

Maddy wanted to show off her "Diva Hat" that her Great Aunt Doreen gave her for Christmas. I think she likes it... What do you think?!?!



:::New Dryer:::

Bryan and I have been talking for quite some time about getting a new washer/dryer set. I REALLY want one of the front-load types. We had decided that after this trip that he's on, we would start shopping. I am SO THANKFUL that he's on his way home. Our dryer is really on it's VERY LAST LEG!! That's pretty bad considering that it started out with FOUR legs. Lately, it has been smelling hot while it's running. Because of this, I don't leave it running if I leave the house. I am worried that it will catch on fire. Tonight, I was getting ready to leave the house for a little while, so I opened the door. I closed it again (the dryer should stay off at this point), and it started running again. I tried two more times with no success of it staying off. I decided to just leave the door cracked and move on with it. When I got home, I closed the door so it could finish running. This is where the REAL fun started. It was almost finished, so when it got to the "buzz" portion of the cycle... IT NEVER STOPPED BUZZING!!!! So, like I said, Bryan is not getting home ANY TOO SOON!! Currently, the door is wide open because I bumped into it right after I got Maddy to sleep only to have it BUZZ again. Fun times, huh?!?!


:::Real Food:::

Maddy and I went to Cracker Barrel for dinner tonight with our friend Jessica. Jess and I had made plans earlier this week to eat out tonight... sort of one last "hurrah" before the boys got home. We weren't sure if we'd be able to keep our plans because of all my "drama" yesterday, but I was feeling pretty good, so we went anyway. I had chicken and dumplings with carrots and applesauce. I didn't finish anything on my plate, but that was more out of fear that I'd be seeing it again. My belly was a little upset after I ate, but so far we haven't seen it again. I think I'm going to live!! :)


:::First Ride:::

Maddy had her first ride in her stroller without the car seat tonight. After dinner, Jess had a couple of returns to make at the mall, so Maddy and I joined her. I have really been wanting to see if Maddy was big enough to ride in the stroller without the car seat, so we gave it a try tonight. She seemed to REALLY like to be able to look around and see everything. The stroller is still a bit big for her, but I think it's A-OK. I'm pretty excited that she can ride this way now. She really didn't seem to like being in the car seat, facing backwards, not being able to see much while we walked places. This may make it possible for me to become a regular mall walker!!! :)


:::Christmas:::

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas in our house!! We got 3 huge boxes from the UPS guy yesterday. One was from Bryan's parents and the other 2 were from my parents. The 2 from my parents were some gifts that had already been opened, but wouldn't fit in the car on the way home and the rest were Bryan's unopened gifts. We have quite a stack going in our little "Christmas Corner". I would have taken a picture, but my camera battery died. Maybe tomorrow I'll post a picture of it. I am going to hang the sign that was made at Grandmom and Grandpop's house over the gifts to really give it the Christmas feeling!! I can't wait for Bryan to get home so we can celebrate together!! :)


:::Happy Baby:::

I'll leave you with one last picture of "the happiest baby on the block". Isn't she just the cutest thing you've ever seen?!?!

4 comments:

Peggie said...

OMG!!!!!!! She is just so adorable!!! I hope her daddy enjoys the heck out of her when he gets home!!! Love you guys. Talk to you tomorrow.....


Love ya!!!

JP2E said...

Sounds like your dryer needs some attention, all right. Before you spend a lot of money, try this;adjust the feet so the dryer site on the floor very level and can NOT vibrate or "dance around" while running. If the body (sheet metal) is warped at all the door latch will not close correctly and you get a lot of symptoms like the ones you describe. Also, clean the vent hose real well, that can help the machine dry better and stop the burning smell. If none of that works - buy some rope and hang the clothes outside. LOL!!!
Glad Maddy is getting to see the world better from her stroller, sounds like power shopping is in the near future...

Big Jim said...

We are so glad that Bryan will soon be with the family again.
Cute doesn't quite do justice to those pictures of Maddy, Gorgeous is more like it.
Love.

Sue said...

Maddy is an angel.
I hope you are feeling better.