Friday, February 27, 2009

Dittos

Last night my friend Angela, Maddy and I went to a HUGE children's consignment sale at the Expo Center called Dittos for Kiddos. We went hoping to find a jogging stroller (stop laughing, I walk briskly) and an exersaucer for Maddy. We didn't find either of these items, but we DID find some pretty great stuff. Check this out:


The following picture shows a hippo that Maddy can ride on or walk behind and push (when she gets a little older). It also shows a little aquarium that will play music that we can attach to her crib. The little frog talks and tells you what shapes and colors you've touched on his belly. In front of the frog is a little plush block that rattles and has clear windows for you to put pictures in. :)

This picture shows some of the same items, but on the far right at the top is a little toy that will hook across the handle of her car seat so she can have something new to play with. Finally, Angela bought Maddy the book "Make Way for Ducklings".



This is a little onesie that has a carousel with flamingos on it:


This is a Ralph Lauren denim jumper dress:

This dress still had the original store tags on it (never been worn). I have decided that it will be her Easter dress... and we're going to a wedding next weekend, so she'll wear it then, too:

This little jumper dress was just too cute to pass up:

Living in Texas, I thought she could use at least ONE pair of shorts. HaHaHa


So, while I didn't get what I went after, I think we got some pretty good deals!! Next time, I might put a few items in the sale myself. If I put items in the sale, then I get to go shopping before anyone else does (well, me and the other consignors). As it was last night, the sale didn't open up to the public until 9 PM. The consignors got to start shopping at 5 PM. I have a feeling that there were probably some GREAT deals that I missed out on by not being able to go until 9 PM. You live and you learn. It's a semi-annual sale, so the next one will be in October, and I'm getting myself prepared already!!! :)

I hope everyone has a good conclusion to their week and a great weekend!! Talk to you soon!

Love you guys!! :)

3 comments:

Peggie said...

Looks like you got some GREAT stuff!! Can't wait to see the angel wearing the clothes and playing with the toys....

Love ya!!!

Olivia said...

Isn't that the best ever? I am glad you found some good things. I guess sometimes we find things that are so amazing that we weren't really looking for to begin with.

Sue said...

You are a fabulous shopper! What divine outfits. Maddy is the best dressed baby ever. I can't wait to see the dress you mentioned for Easter and the wedding - that is so darlin' good choices!